700 SOUTH GARMISCH STREET
Lot Sq Ft 11,705.00
Livable SF 7,172.44
Garage SF 749.66
Single Family Property
About 700 S. Garmisch
This is it, the only undeveloped single-family property in the Lift 1 Aspen Mountain base area. Lot 2 of the Barbee Family PUD is located only a 400 ft gentle grade walk from the planned Lift 1 ski lift and redeveloped area. Situated only three blocks to the heart of downtown Aspen’s shopping, dining and nightlife. The homesite also backs to conserved open space that is a forever protected scenic wildlife area that has ideal access to trails and local pocket park, great for dog lovers. A building permit is pending and all affordable housing obligations and land use requirements have been satisfied. Compare that to other properties in Aspen that are subject to a lengthy, often multi-year entitlement and development process.
Check out the immediately adjacent comparable property (Lot 1) which sold last year for 24.5 million that had an old house that is planned for demolition prior to construction. Additionally, Lot 1 did not have the employee mitigation satisfied and Lot 2 does have this requirement satisfied which allows Lot 2 to avoid the additional costs as well as the current employee mitigation credit shortage. Although Lot 1 is a larger lot than Lot 2, the vast majority of Lot 1 is within a conservation easement. This means that Lot 1 has a similar building area size and both Lot 1 and Lot 2 share the same benefits of an open space protected hillside.
The years of gaining subdivision approvals and planning give this lot a distinct advantage and is great to “buyand build”or hold as an investment. Lot 2 of the Barbee Subdivision is 11,705 square feet with the ability to build 4,500 square feet above-grade. All sub-grade space is exempt. The new chair lift/gondola that is slated to be developed makes this homesite ski accessible on Aspen Mountain with a rare, easy path to a new construction home in prime downtown Aspen.
Photo And Video Gallery
- IDEALLY LOCATED IN THE CENTRAL CORE OF ASPEN
- Only 400 feet to the approved Lift One LIft/gondola to skiing on Aspen Mountain
- GORGEOUS MOUNTAIN & DOWNTOWN ASPEN VIEWS
- 4 miles to the Aspen Private Jet center (Atlantic Aviation) and Aspen Airport
- Steps to world class restaurants and shopping
- 700 South Garmisch borders a public conservation easement that boarders BLM public land that offers miles of trails for summer and winter activities.
- Additional Airports: 69 Miles To Eagle County Airport, & Vail Jet Center, 127 Miles To Grand Junction Regional Airport, 220 miles to Denver International Airport
A unique blend of small-town feel & urban lifestyle.
What to love
- Proximity to world-class destinations
- Premier shopping
- Gourmet dining
- Friendly neighbors
- Luxurious properties
People and Lifestyle
Dining, Entertaining, and Shopping
Things to Do
- Aspen Elementary School: Public, PK-4
- Aspen Middle School: Public, 5-8
- Aspen High School: Public, 9-12