832 FOREST TRAIL
Cordillera | Edwards, CO
Sq Ft 6,339
SOLD 03/25/2021 FOR ASKING PRICE $4,000,000
This stunning mountain contemporary residence situated in Cordillera Ranch features an ideal open layout with a main level master suite with connected office, main level garage that leads straight to the pantry and kitchen, and main level great room. This house is a true triple threat with a “WOW” location, a killer layout, and an elegant mountain contemporary design. This property is not going to last with floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase panoramic views of the Gore Range, Vail’s Game Creek Bowl, and The Mountain Golf Course. Just completed in 2017 and beautifully interior designed by Andrea Georgopolis for endless style and comfort.
The natural stone and wood elements coupled with this serene, alpine setting overlooking majestic mountain views achieve a mountain modern aesthetic that is warm and inviting. Spanning nearly 6,400 square feet, there are multiple areas for relaxing and entertaining indoors and out. Whether enjoying outdoor dining, or relaxing conversations on any of the outdoor decks, soaking in the hot tub sipping cocktails after an epic day of skiing, or enjoying a warm cozy fire by any of the four fireplaces, the options are endless. Main level living that includes the master wing with the same incredible views, a private office with pass through fireplace, and luxurious bathroom including a truly enormous walk-in closet that has an additional washer/dryer.
The lower level features four spacious bedrooms, a second laundry room, a gorgeous family room with a wet bar, gas fireplace, two patios, a hot tub, and outdoor seating overlooking the Gore Range and other mountain vistas. With two additional bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and another family room on the top-level for a great separate guest experience from the four guest bedrooms on the lower level. The entrance to the house has a convenient mud room for a houseful of active people with plenty of room for all your gear and toys. What doesn’t make sense to be kept indoors has plenty of space in the 3-car garage.
With limitless recreational activities – golfing, hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding and downhill skiing at Beaver Creek and Vail Mountain Resorts – experience all that Cordillera has to offer just minutes from home and with over 1200 acres of open space. On desirable Forest Trail road, this home is just minutes to the heart of the community amenities of Cordillera Ranch, including the Trailhead pool in the summertime. Enjoy the Timberhearth restaurant or the Mountain Golf Course in the summer for golf or the wintertime for cross country skiing on the groomed trails. This stunning mountain modern property provides a peaceful, tranquil retreat to live within the natural beauty of the Colorado mountains. Join the Vail Gondola Club for a ski club experience at the base of Vail’s Ski Slopes located at Gondola One.
- ARCHITECT: ERIC JOHNSON
- BUILDER: STEVE SANDOVAL
- MOUNTAIN CONTEMPORARY NEW CONSTRUCTION COMPLETED IN OCTOBER 2017
- VIEWS OF THE GORE RANGE, GAME CREEK BOWL & THE CORDILLERA MOUNTAIN COURSE
- GREAT FLOW OPEN LAYOUT
- MAIN LEVEL MASTER BEDROOM
- MASTER BATHROOM WITH HIS & HERS VANITY AREAS, LARGE JETTED TUB & SEPARATE EUROPEAN SHOWER
- HUGE MASTER CLOSET WITH WASHER & DRYER
- EXPANSIVE CEILINGS
- 4 FIREPLACES
- LARGE DECKS OFF THE OF THE DINING & LIVING ROOMS (COVERED AND UNCOVERED)
- LARGE WALK-IN PANTRY
- 2 LARGE KITCHEN ISLANDS
- COMMERCIAL GRADE / STAINLESS STEEL THERMADOR APPLIANCES
- KITCHEN & BATHROOM FIXTURES/FAUCETS – GROHE & HANSGROHE
- OVERSIZED 3-CAR GARAGE
- WET BAR
- SKI ROOM/MUD ROOM
- FLOORS - WOOD OAK / SANDALWOOD IN MAIN/UPPER LEVEL
- POST & BEAMS – DOUGLAS FIR
- CABINETRY, DOORS & TRIM – ALDER
- CARPET – LOWER LEVEL -- WOOL
- IN-FLOOR RADIANT HEATING THROUGHOUT ENTIRE HOUSE & GARAGE
- LIGHTING – RECESSED LED THROUGHOUT HOME
- CEILING FANS – MULTI-SPEED W/LIGHT IN ALL BEDROOMS & OFFICE
- PRE-WIRED FOR ADDITIONAL LIGHTING -- GREAT ROOM, DINING ROOM, KITCHEN, BREAKFAST ROOM & ENTRANCE FOYER
- INTERACTIVE SECURITY SYSTEM – MOTION SENSORS ON MAIN FLOOR & LOWER LEVELS / SENSORS ON ALL EXTERIOR DOORS – NOTIFICATION OF ANY UNEXPECTED/SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY
- FIREPLACES (4) – DUAL / SEE THROUGH FIREPLACE BETWEEN GREAT ROOM & OFFICE, ENCLOSED FIREPLACES IN HEARTH ROOM, MASTER BEDROOM & RECREATION ROOM
CORDILLERA COMMUNITY AMENITIES
- Gated, country club community with a vibrant social life
- Dining options and social activities at all three clubhouses
- Athletic center at Summit with workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickle-ball
- Trailhead community center near Summit with gathering spaces, resort pool, and summer kids camp
- Equestrian center
- Miles of hiking trails within Cordillera
- National Park access at the Summit, with miles of hiking, biking, and snowshoeing trails
- Post office For Cordillera that uses your physical address (this may sound like it is not a big deal but is a luxury in our Valley to avoid the normal post office and to not have trouble with package mailing between our PO Box and physical address).
- Four world class golf courses, managed by Troon (membership required for 3 but the Dave Peltz Short Course is Included in your Cordillera regular annual dues of $3,000)
- Dog park
- Trout stocked fishing ponds and private fishing rights on the Colorado River in an area between Edwards and Wolcott
- Metro District with around the clock drive by security
- Volunteer fire department located at the Summit
About the Area
Cordillera Information & Links:
Cordillera is a gated, country club community composed of three world class golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin, and a par 3 short course. Offering a vibrant social life, there are several options for memberships. Additionally, the Cordillera amenities include workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickleball courts, equestrian center, hiking/biking and snowshoe trails, and trout fishing ponds.
The four distinct, gated neighborhoods are The Divide, The Ranch, The Summit, and The Valley Club covering 7,000 acres. Located on the north hillsides are all neighborhoods but The Valley Club, which can be found on the south side of the Valley.
However, no matter the location, abundant wildlife grazes throughout the open space. Despite being an elite golfing community, there are many full-time residents as well as second homeowners that spend months or seasons at a time due to the diverse activities year-round. The pristine nature of the Cordillera land is accented by picturesque views of valleys and mountain peaks. In addition to that, the homeowners in Cordillera are able to get more for their money in terms of both land and home as well as privacy. The price per square foot is significantly lower than if you were to purchase directly in the villages of Vail or Beaver Creek. Thus for the cost, Cordillera offers significant value with larger lots accompanied by greater size in terms of square footage for residences.
With a close proximity to both Vail and Beaver Creek, Cordillera agrees with the lifestyle of one who wants pristine nature and vast land but also likes close proximity to all the amenities of the Vail Valley. The Cordillera Club and community experience is unlike any other in Colorado.