54 PENNY LANE
CORDILLERA | EDWARDS, CO
Sq Ft +/- 7,500
SOLD 07/08/2021 FOR $3,780,000
Penny Lane will not only be in your ears and in your eyes but also in your heart as this is the true Colorado home that you have dreamt of for your family. Enjoy the sounds of the natural stream as well as the water feature during the spring and summer from your own private oasis that has expansive views in the backdrop with dramatic pine trees and complete privacy. This gorgeous, high-end, and well constructed home has the quintessential layout that everyone is looking for where you can live an entry level/main level floor plan in your day-to-day but have all the space and fun in the world when family and friends join to participate in your Rocky Mountain experience.
This incredible privacy was created through the current owner purchasing and absorbing the adjacent lot to assure your serenity. It also borders Cordillera Open Space and beyond that open space is Diamond Star Ranch. You can even stroll down to the outdoor wood burning fire pit with it’s own private stream for roasting marshmallows and telling stories.
When your friends arrive for dinner you know it will be magical as they drive up into your winter wonderland of lights of your lit up pine trees. Greet your guests at your inviting entry and bring them into your great room that is both grande and cozy with vaulted ceilings and huge picture windows overlooking the outdoor firepit and across the expansive views of grand pine. Your guests will take it all in and understand what it means when people say that “the mountains are calling.” Sit down and relax on plush couches by the gas fireplace and then gather and chat around the open chef’s kitchen while the finishing touches are made on dinner. Let’s face it, everyone gathers in the kitchen and this home welcomes chatting with the Chef working in this spacious kitchen that is open to the main living area and is the centerpiece of the home. Enjoy a family meal casually scattered around the multiple spaces or have a more traditional dining experience overlooking the outdoor lighted trees from the formal dining area.
54 Penny Lane is great for intimate gatherings or large parties as there are various cozy spaces for different groups to gather and chat. The hearth room off the outdoor dining area by the informal breakfast nook is the perfect place for intimate side conversations. The kids will break off and go downstairs to enjoy a movie in the true theater while their parents indulge in a nightcap.
Enjoy a long day on the slopes and come home to the hot tub and steam room that is big enough for your ski group. Dry off while hanging in the family room and take in the big game. Guests break off to one of the three en suite guest rooms on this level and doze off for a quick nap overlooking the picturesque Colorado views framed in every bedroom window.
It’s time to go up to take in the Alpenglow and sunset so grab a wine from the wine cellar or a cocktail from the wet bar and head up and help the host light the fire pit and bring out the appetizers.
On the third level is a private suite with it’s own wet bar, en-suite bathroom with shower/tub combination with a private balcony that is perfect for your guest with a new baby or your visiting parents that want separation from the rest of the household bustle. The oversized three-car garage with massive storage tops off this well thought out floor plan.
54 Penny Lane is a true private mountain oasis where one can enjoy spectacular views from practically every room. Engage in the Colorado homeownership experience you have been longing for.
With limitless recreational activities – golfing, hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding and downhill skiing at Beaver Creek and Vail Mountain Resorts – experience all that Cordillera has to offer just minutes from home and with over 1200 acres of open space. Located in lower Summit this home is walking distance to the Cordillera Athletic Center and close to other key community amenities, including the Trailhead pool in the summertime. Enjoy the Timberhearth restaurant or the Mountain Golf Course in the summer for golf or the wintertime for cross country skiing on the groomed trails. This stunning mountain modern property provides a peaceful, tranquil retreat to live within the natural beauty of the Colorado mountains. Join the Vail Gondola Club for a ski club experience at the base of Vail’s Ski Slopes located at Gondola One.
- LOCATED IN LOWER SUMMIT, HOME IS WALKING DISTANCE TO CORDILLERA ATHLETIC CENTER
- NATURAL STREAM
- WATER FEATURE DURING SPRING & SUMMER
- HUGE PICTURE WINDOWS OFFER EXPANSIVE VIEWS
- VAULTED CEILINGS
- OPEN CHEF’S KITCHEN
- MAIN LEVEL MASTER BEDROOM
- 4 EN-SUITE GUEST ROOMS
- COLORADO VIEWS FRAMED IN EVERY BEDROOM WINDOW
- CURRENT OWNER PURCHASED & ABSORBED ADJACENT LOT – COMPLETE PRIVACY
- TRUE THEATRE
- EXQUISITE WINE ROOM
- HOT TUB
- STEAM ROOM
- WOOD BURNING FIREPLACE + 3 GAS FIREPLACES
- 2 OUTDOOR FIREPLACES
- STEREO SYSTEM – 2 DECKS, LIVING ROOM, MASTER BEDROOM, MASTER BATHROOM, HEARTH ROOM, OFFICE
- NEW ICE MACHINES
- NEW DISHWASHER – SEPT 2020
- NEW RADON CLEANER INSTALL
- ALL NEW SMOKE / HEAT / ALARM SENSORS – DEC 2020
- NEW HANDRAIL IN GARAGE
- ALL NEW RAILING & STONEWARE ON DECK OFF MASTER BEDROOM
- NEW HEAT TAPE, FRONT OF HOUSE – OCT 2020
CORDILLERA COMMUNITY AMENITIES
- Each Cordillera neighborhood is a gated country club community with a vibrant social life.
- Enjoy dining options and social activities at all three clubhouses – The Valley Club & Chaparral Restaurant; The Mountain Club & TimberHearth Restaurant; The Summit Golf Club & Restaurant.
- Athletic center at The Summit includes workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickle-ball.
- Trailhead Clubhouse & Pool Complex near The Summit includes gathering spaces, resort pool and summer kids camp.
- The Cordillera Equestrian Center includes three indoor/outdoor riding arenas, boarding stalls with daily turn outs as well as outdoor living paddocks and training facilities. The Cordillera Equestrian Center is the largest such facility in the Vail Valley, boarding up to 48 horses. Right from this world-class facility, access thousands of acres of National Forest trails that retrace the footsteps of Colorado’s earliest pioneers.
- Adventure through National Forest access at The Summit with miles of hiking, biking and snowshoeing trails.
- Convenient post office for Cordillera homeowners that uses your physical address – this may sound like it is not a big deal but is in fact a luxury in our Valley to avoid the normal post office and to not have trouble with package mailing between our PO Box and physical address.
- Experience four world class golf courses, managed by Troon. Membership required for three courses. Dave Peltz Short Course in The Divide is included in your Cordillera regular annual dues of $3,000.
- Join the fun with your pooch at the dog park on Carterville Road. Dogs can be off leash at this fenced dog park.
- Cordillera is one of a handful of communities in the West that own a piece of private river heaven. This gives Cordillera property owners access to 1.3 miles along the Eagle River for year-round, world-class fishing in pristine water abundant with large wild cutthroat, rainbow and brown trout. The river parcel also features viewing benches and walking paths. Cordillera is also home to a variety of stocked and managed ponds, including Upper Bearden, Lower Bearden, Summit, Valley Course, Red Draw and Grenada Glen, which is replete with a picnic area.
Cordillera Public Safety’s top priority is maintaining a safe, secure and welcoming environment for all property owners. The dedicated staff gets to know homeowners through community outreach, gatehouse access and general patrols. Public Safety oversees first responder efforts, gate access, traffic and wildlife issues, alarm calls, trash and recycling and ensures compliance with Design Review Board and Covenant compliance.
- Fire Station 16, a volunteer fire station, is located at The Summit.
About the Area
Cordillera Information & Links:
Cordillera is a gated, country club community composed of three world class golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin, and a par 3 short course. Offering a vibrant social life, there are several options for memberships. Additionally, the Cordillera amenities include workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickleball courts, equestrian center, hiking/biking and snowshoe trails, and trout fishing ponds.
The four distinct, gated neighborhoods are The Divide, The Ranch, The Summit, and The Valley Club covering 7,000 acres. Located on the north hillsides are all neighborhoods but The Valley Club, which can be found on the south side of the Valley.
However, no matter the location, abundant wildlife grazes throughout the open space. Despite being an elite golfing community, there are many full-time residents as well as second homeowners that spend months or seasons at a time due to the diverse activities year-round. The pristine nature of the Cordillera land is accented by picturesque views of valleys and mountain peaks. In addition to that, the homeowners in Cordillera are able to get more for their money in terms of both land and home as well as privacy. The price per square foot is significantly lower than if you were to purchase directly in the villages of Vail or Beaver Creek. Thus for the cost, Cordillera offers significant value with larger lots accompanied by greater size in terms of square footage for residences.
With a close proximity to both Vail and Beaver Creek, Cordillera agrees with the lifestyle of one who wants pristine nature and vast land but also likes close proximity to all the amenities of the Vail Valley. The Cordillera Club and community experience is unlike any other in Colorado.