170 MESQUITE DRIVE
SINGLETREE | EDWARDS, CO
Sq Ft 5,616
3 Car Garage
SOLD $3,600,000 | 9/22/2023
170 MESQUITE DRIVE
SINGLETREE | EDWARDS, CO
Sq Ft: 5,616
3 Car Garage
This may just be the best homesite in all of Singletree! It is much larger than most and has long, expansive views across the lush Sonnenalp Golf Course, looking straight towards Beaver Creek’s ski slopes and all with zero highway impact. This 5-bedroom single-family home beacons for everyone to gather gives plenty of room to spread out, with a main living room, two family rooms, and other wonderful little reading nooks and spaces. It lives comfortably for only two people but then has all the room in the world for family and friends to gather. The extensive outdoor living spaces flow well throughout the property, and a dream backyard is ideal for dogs, kids, or adults alike.
Upon arriving at 170 Mesquite Drive you are greeted by a large 3-car garage and a whimsical garden entrance. Walk in the front door and be immediately pulled into the commanding south-facing views of the ski slopes and golf course. Descend the staircase gazing at the jaw-dropping views and the impressive great room with high ceilings and beams. The kitchen, living area, and dining space seamlessly connect with great flow from inside to outside. It becomes immediately apparent that this home is all about maximizing your enjoyment of the Colorado experience, from the chef’s kitchen with easy access right outside to the outdoor grilling area adjacent to a large deck with a spacious covered area for dining al fresco. Enjoy a drink and appetizer by the firepit while manning the grill for a summer BBQ. Take a deep breath and think to yourself how grateful you are that you made the choices that landed you right here at this moment.
When inside on late nights in the summer or cold nights in the winter, the double island chef’s kitchen draws everyone to gather while staying out of the way of whoever is in charge of cooking. Enjoy family and friends at the formal dining area with a bar that overlooks the same incredible views. Wind the night down with the family sitting in the living room with dramatic windows, the perfect evening alpenglow over the golf course, and a fire glimmering in the fireplace.
The main level master suite includes two large walk-in closets, a 5-piece bath with jetted tub, a huge master balcony, and a gas fireplace. Each of the 4 large guest bedrooms all have en-suite bathrooms, 2 enjoy walk-out sliding doors to the backyard, and 2 have bonus lofts for added storage or fun space for kiddos. One of the guest bedrooms is near the master suite, so it is perfect if you need a close bedroom or is a great location for doubling as an office. Two guest suites are next to the home’s cozy and comfortable main-level family room, perfect for private downtime away from the main living space. Although the residence lives almost entirely on two levels once in the home, when you have a full house or a guest that prefers a high level of privacy, there is one lower-level guest bedroom off the second family room with a bar area that is perfect for people that seek high-level privacy. It boasts it’s own quick access to the lower deck and hot tub.
This house has an easy driveway and an envious 3-car garage with epoxy floors and natural light. There is an additional bonus heated finished space over the garage with plumbing available for an additional bathroom, and it is waiting for the next owner to reimagine. There is also bonus storage space not included in the square footage that is perfect for storing outdoor furniture in the winter and gear that you don’t want to clutter up your garage. You even have a great outdoor shed for your tools and landscaping items.
In a property with such incredible indoor/outdoor living space and envious ski slope views, it may be tempting to stay home and hang out rather than enjoy all that the Vail Valley has to offer yet, there is a reason that this Singletree home speaks to both primary and second homeowners alike – great sun, epic views, and convenience to all that the Vail Valley has to offer. Just minutes to downtown Edwards to enjoy shopping and dining or to take in a movie. Singletree is a hiker's haven boasting 4 of Edwards’ most popular trails.
At the heart of Singletree is the Sonnenalp Club (memberships available), where friends and family can enjoy the incredible golf course, a state-of-the-art fitness center, two outdoor pools, tennis courts, and Harvest Restaurant. The club is known for having one of the best decks in the Vail Valley, with its own breathtaking views of the golf course and ski slopes. In the winter, on days you don’t take advantage of being only 7 minutes from Beaver Creek skiing via Arrowhead, you can also purchase a ski shuttle pass and get dropped off right at the Vail slopes without the hassle of parking. Singletree has a Community Center with various amenities, including a large, grassy field perfect for soccer, frisbee, or a doggie playdate.
- Located in Singletree, one of the Valley’s most popular neighborhoods for primary and second homeowners alike.
- Sweeping mountain views across the Sonnenalp Golf course straight at the Arrowhead ski-slopes with zero highway impact.
- Ideally situated on a large lot with tons of outdoor living space and a large flat yard that is near the end of a cul-de-sac on a quiet, tree-lined street with access to the Mesquite Hiking Trail
- There are 5 total decks throughout the home, including a gazebo on the main backyard deck, for comfortable outside living any time of day and perfect for dining al fresco and overlooking the Sonnelalp Golf Course and Arrowhead’s ski slopes. The grilling area is conveniently on the deck just off the kitchen.
- The great room has the kitchen seamlessly connected with the living room, formal dining room, breakfast nook, and breakfast bar area.
- The Chef’s kitchen has a double island perfect for socializing with the family chef without overstepping their territory. The kitchen has the following:
- Two sinks (one on each island)
- New Wolf ovens (2 wall ovens and one with a 6-burner gas range and hood with blower)
- New Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Double freezer drawers
- Separate newer U-Line wine refrigerator and 2 beverage drawers
- Built-in desk area with shelving, breakfast nook, and large and expanded pantry.
- The 2-story living area includes a remote-controlled gas fireplace with a stone hearth, exposed beams, and magnificent mountain views of the Sonnelap Golf Course and the ski slopes of Beaver Creek.
- The dining area includes a built-in dry bar, storage, and custom pendant lighting.
- The main level master suite includes large walk-in closets, a 5-piece bath with a Jacuzzi tub, a walk-in shower, a large private balcony overlooking the epic ski slope and golf course views, and a remote-controlled gas fireplace.
- Each of the 4 large guest bedrooms has its own en-suite bath, and 2 of them walk out to the beautifully landscaped backyard and include lofts with built-in ladders that pull out for more comfortable access.
- One of the guest bedrooms is near the master suite, so it doubles as a convenient office space or is ideal for a young child that needs to be close to the grownups.
- Two guest suites are located next to the home’s cozy and comfortable family room, enabling your friends or children to enjoy downtime in a private, relaxing room.
- The last guest suite can be found on the home’s lower level, along with a large family room and kitchenette. This area has a private access point to the lower deck and a hot tub area accessible from the main level above. This a perfect area for a longer guest, older teenager, or guests that prefer more privacy and space.
- 3-Car oversized garage with epoxy floors and windows bringing in natural light, built-in shelving, new stainless steel utility sink
- Awesome storage not included in square footage, and a shed that is great for keeping your landscaping gear. This space makes it easy to keep a clean garage while having plenty of additional storage space.
- Heated area above garage for additional storage or game room. This area is waiting to be reimaged by the new owner as it has plumbing accessible for adding a bathroom.
- Air conditioning
- Ample driveway parking for guests (driveway was recently sealed)
- Wine cellar/storage room with electrical temperature conditioning keeping it almost always between 62 and 65 degrees
- The spacious, whimsical entrance walkway is heated (including the wood decking).
About the Area
Singletree is a highly desirable neighborhood in the Vail Valley. Located in the unincorporated town of Edwards, there are over 1,200 properties that create this vibrant community and consist of single-family homes, townhomes, duplexes, and condominiums. Affectionately known by locals as the “Sunbelt of the Valley,” Singletree is situated on the north side of the Valley, which provides a warmer climate with plenty of sunshine and many homes with coveted southern exposure. Singletree is also home to The Sonnenalp Club. which provides the community with a full-service clubhouse featuring pools, tennis, pickleball,, a 10,000-square-foot fitness facility that offers yoga, Pilates, a cycling studio, and strength and cardio classes. The Sonnenalp Club is also a golfer’s paradise with its award-winning 18-hole championship golf course that is surrounded by majestic mountain views of the Rocky Mountains and Beaver Creek Ski slopes.
The Harvest Restaurant & Bar offers a casual environment featuring New American cuisine using locally farmed ingredients and is home to one fo the best patios in the Vail Valley. Both primary and second homeowners love Singletree's proximity in the middle of the action in the Vail Valley. Only minutes away from shopping, restaurants, schools, and year-round activities, this Vail Valley community is ideal for those seeking Colorado’s lifestyle. BLM Land surrounds Singletree with hiking and biking trails connecting to the Avon trail system, making it an active neighborhood with many outdoor recreation options. Outside this community is Edwards in Riverwalk's shops and restaurants, world-class Vail and Beaver Creek ski resorts, and plentiful trails for outdoor enthusiasts. Additionally, the variety of housing makes buying real estate more accessible than in Vail, Beaver Creek, and Arrowhead.