1330 SANDSTONE DRIVE
OVERLOOK AT VAIL #7 | WEST Vail, CO
1- Car Garage
3,500 Sq Ft
Closed 2/8/2024 for $2,500,000
1330 Sandstone Drive #7
Overlook at vail | Vail, CO
1- Car Garage
3,500 Sq Ft
Perched high up in the Sandstone area with expansive views of Vail Mountain and the Gore Range, Overlook at Vail is a small 12-unit complex that has a great ownership group and is a prime opportunity for a weekend warrior, second homeowner or a year-round local alike. Enjoy multiple living spaces, including a main living room that has soaring vaulted ceilings, a central fireplace, and tons of windows that welcome in the sunshine. The living room evokes the exact feeling that everyone is looking for in a mountain home. Just step outside onto the wrap-around deck and take in a deep breath while soaking in the south-eastern views towards the Gore Range and Vail Mountain.
Situated with windows surrounded by aspen trees and abundant with natural light, the open kitchen is large with a walk-in pantry, tons of bar seating, and has a great hang-out area nearby with a television. The dining table currently seats 8 people comfortably, with the bar seating nearby that is great for buffet-style parties, hanging out drinking a glass of wine while talking to the chef, or also works well as a kid's table. Only a short walk from the free Town of Vail bus stop, which provides convenient access to Vail Village and Lionshead without having to drive and park. This property also boasts a one-car garage that can fit a large Suburban, and has additional space to park a car behind your garage. The master suite has large windows and peek-a-boo views of the mountains, a walk-in closet, and a nicely renovated 5-piece bathroom. The master bathroom is spacious and comfortable, with a free-standing tub, a European shower, and dual vanity areas.
There is a separate media room area that is perfect for snuggling up for a movie or for playing video games. There are two guest bedrooms next to each other that are both en-suite and one suite area that is on its own private level that is a combo family room/ bedroom area.
This well-cared-for property includes the following capital improvements, which have already been paid in full for the benefit of the new owner: a 2020 roof replacement, a sewer line project completed in 2022, and asphalt repairs finished in the spring of 2023. These owners have done a great job of staying on top of what is needed in the complex and avoiding deferred maintenance. Well managed, this HOA stays on top of snow removal throughout the winter and brightens up the beauty of the complex with landscaping and flowers that will welcome you into your mountain getaway.
- South East views from the main living room and deck
- Beautiful, wrap-around deck off main level living room with views of Gore Range and Vail Mountain
- Ample windows on this end unit provide excellent natural light
- Large main-level living space with wood throughout
- Soaring vaulted ceilings
- Custom wood beams and Arrigoni wood floors giving a welcoming mountain feel
- Gas fireplace
- Open kitchen space with tons of bar seating
- Sitting nook with TV in kitchen area for guests to relax into the heart of the home
- Comfortable seat 8 at the formal dining room table
- media room
- Large master bedroom suite with walk-in closet
- Updated 5-piece master bathroom including: Free-standing bathtub and European Shower, and dual vanity areas
- 1 Car-garage and entry-level closet great for ski storage
- Private suite area that doubles as a bedroom/family room combination with a built-in wet bar area
- Walk out lower level to a small private patio area
- Walking distance to free Town of Vail Bus Stop less than half a mile away and close to park and ride at the same location.
- Access to hiking and biking trails right down the street in your own neighborhood, only a half a mile to the North Trail trailhead.
Enjoy close proximity to Vail Village & Lionshead and soak up the sun in the Sandstone area in Vail. Walk across the pedestrian bridge from Sandstone to Lionshead Village or enjoy playing volleyball or watching the kids and dogs play at Sandstone Park. Sandstone area enjoys quick access to various trailheads and to Piney Lake from this convenient location.
Piney River Ranch is only a few miles north of the Vail area. “Piney” as people often refer to it, is set on the edge of Piney Lake, and nestled at the foot of the majestic Gore Range, Piney River Ranch is a private, forty-acre Rocky Mountain retreat, long known as a favorite wedding and day-trip destination. Piney is surrounded by thousands of acres of backcountry within the White River National Forest. Piney offers a variety of activities from fly-fishing, hiking, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, waterfalls or simply relaxing in the gorgeous natural environment.
The Vail Golf Course presents golfers with a unique 18-hole, par 71 experience that is open to the public. When snow blankets the Vail Golf Club, it becomes the full-service Vail Nordic Center. Glide along 17 kilometers of daily-groomed skate and classic track, or snowshoe on 10 kilometers of scenic trails. For a new experience, check out our 13K of fat bike trails and fat bike rentals!
The close proximity to I-70 makes it an easy jaunt to Denver International Airport and the Greater Denver area to take in shopping, professional sporting events and other cultural events offered by the Front Range area. The Vail Jet Center is just 31 miles west and offers flights to and from many cities making Vail one of the most accessible mountain getaways with high level cultural events throughout the year.