69 MARTINGALE LANE
Cordillera the Summit, Edwards, Colorado
Sq Ft 5,506
SOLD FOR $1,856,000
This gorgeous, meticulously maintained and beautifully furnished residence is located on a private wooded lot that creates a sense of privacy but also showcases panoramic views of the Gore Range, Castle Peak and Flat Tops. A massive custom knotty alder door opens to an expansive living room with vaulted ceilings and alder beams and a formal dining area with impressive mountain views. This main living space flows easily into a spacious kitchen, informal dining area, and outdoor spaces. The home has the perfect combination of grandeur and cozy warmth for a relaxed and comfortable ambiance. The striking elk and deer antler chandelier and contemporary cut stone fireplace in the living room and updated neutral finishes throughout complete a very current mountain aesthetic that is not too traditional or contemporary.
With a light and bright open flowing floor plan that is great for entertaining, this home checks all the boxes. Uniquely entering on the main level with a “no stairs” entry, 3-car garage, and mud room, there is a main level master suite, and also an additional en-suite guest bedroom perfect for older guests or younger children if you want them on the main level with you.
Other guests can spread out in the four other en-suite guest rooms, including a very private and luxurious upstairs suite with kitchenette, sitting area, window seat, large walk-in closet, and private balcony.
The gourmet kitchen was recently remodeled and features a Viking 6-burner range, two additional Wolf wall ovens, Wolf warming drawer, and Asko dishwasher, making it a true chef’s kitchen for hosting family and holiday events for years to come. Adjacent is an informal dining cove for casual dining or hanging out in the kitchen, and flowing just beyond is the more formal dining area for larger gatherings or special celebrations.
The spacious master bedroom has a cozy stone fireplace and spacious bathroom with dual vanities, three-way mirror, dressing mirror, heated travertine floors, large jetted bathtub, and an oversized master spa shower with five shower heads.
The large downstairs media room/family room provides a sanctuary for relaxing movies, quiet contemplation or competitive game nights, or the perfect spot to take in the latest professional sporting event while indulging in cocktails at the bar.
After a long day spent enjoying the outdoors, soak in the very private, sunken oversized Hot Spring Grandee hot tub with silver ion filtration for an awe-inspiring sunset view. Cozy up on the deck with a cocktail while taking in the sprawling views of peaks and valleys with music playing in the background via built-in Sonos ready surround speakers throughout the home’s interior and exterior.
Numerous custom finishes include antique Scandinavian roof tile sconces, log and chink walls in the family room and downstairs powder room, wrought iron/glass fireplace doors, custom cabinetry throughout, plus media centers with 75” smart TVs tucked away in the main living room and family room. Additionally, the combination of high end materials such as solid oak flooring, natural stone, granite, quartz and travertine accomplishes a timeless appeal of superior quality.
Located within steps of the Jack Nicklaus designed Summit Course and Summit Clubhouse, stroll over to hit some balls at world class practice facilities or have lunch or take in a round of golf on one of the area’s most picturesque golf courses. Located just minutes from Cordillera hiking trails, trout fishing and cross country skiing, and National Forest hiking, biking, and snowshoeing trails, as well as an athletic center with workout facilities, tennis and pickle ball, this amenity rich neighborhood will satisfy outdoor enthusiasts of all levels. The superior privacy of 69 Martingale Lane coupled with the ideal location is perfect as a full-time residence or a home away from home.
- Private & wooded lot on a quiet street
- 3-car garage with ample storage
- Well maintained roof
- Copper standing seam roof accents
- Copper rear gutters
- Deck views of Gore Range to Castle Peak and Flat Tops
- Sunken oversized Hot Spring Grandee hot tub with silver ion filtration and natural stone matching the house
- Landscaped boulder staircase along southwest side of home
- Extensive perennial beds
- Irrigation in place for deck flower boxes and front porch hanging baskets
- Irrigated sod all the way around the house
- Extensive boulder work along driveway and parking area
- 6 bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms
- Oversized master spa shower with two shower heads
- Oversized jetted tub with expansive travertine surround
- Second master bedroom downstairs with large walk-in closet and hot tub access
- Luxurious upstairs guest suite with kitchenette // sitting area // window seat // large walk in closet // step out balcony
- Large closets with built-in drawers
- Custom built timber/chink accent wall in family room
- 3 stacked stone gas fireplaces in master bedroom // living room // family room
- Custom wrought iron and glass fireplace doors
- Custom antler chandelier in living room
- Custom TV cabinets in both living areas with new 75” Samsung Smart TVs
- Wide main wood staircase with slate inlays on the landings and path lighting
- Solid wood rear staircase
- Lower level wet bar with wine fridge and wine rack
- Newly remodeled laundry room with quartz countertops and custom knotty alder cabinetry // lazy susan cabinet // drying rack // built-in hamper and built-in Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer
- Knotty alder cabinets // doors // trim throughout
- Knotty alder beam work
- New Karastan carpet
- Renovated kitchen with all high-end appliances
- Sonos-ready throughout inside and outside deck + patio
- Art niches/walls with art lighting
- Emtek sandcast bronze hardware throughout
- Lutron lighting system
- Large crawl space for extra/seasonal storage
- New comfort height Kohler Memoirs toilets
- Updated mechanical room
- Timer on recirculating pump
- Leak Defense leak detection system
- Radon mitigation system
- Extensive owner maintenance records
- No major mechanical issues nor floods!
THE LOCATION OF 69 MARTINGALE LANE...
- Stunning scenic drive to the Summit – only 9 minutes from Ranch gate
- Steps to Summit Jack Nicklaus designed golf course – walk to golf, lunch and dinner, daily continental breakfast
- Minutes (one mile) to National Forest hiking, biking and snowshoeing trails
- Minutes to athletic center, tennis and pickle ball
- Expansive mountain top views
- Stocked trout pond just across the street
- Abundant wildlife
- Wildflowers galore in the summertime
- Stunning Aspen leaves in the Fall
- Cool mountain breezes all summer long
THE ABUNDANT CORDILLERA AMENITIES INCLUDE...
- Gated, country club community with a vibrant social life
- Three world class golf courses, managed by Troon
- Dining options and social activities at all three clubhouses
- Par 3 short golf course
- Athletic center at Summit with workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickleball
- Trailhead community center near Summit with gathering spaces, resort pool, and summer kids camp
- Equestrian center
- Miles of hiking trails within Cordillera
- National Park access at the Summit, with miles of hiking, biking, and snowshoeing trails
- Post office
- Dog park
- Trout stocked fishing ponds
- Metro District with around the clock drive by security
- Volunteer fire department located at the Summit
Cordillera Information & Links:
Cordillera is a gated, country club community composed of three world class golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin, and a par 3 short course. Offering a vibrant social life, there are several options for memberships. Additionally, the Cordillera amenities include workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickleball courts, equestrian center, hiking/biking and snowshoe trails, and trout fishing ponds.
The four distinct, gated neighborhoods are The Divide, The Ranch, The Summit, and The Valley Club covering 7,000 acres. Located on the north hillsides are all neighborhoods but The Valley Club, which can be found on the south side of the Valley.
However, no matter the location, abundant wildlife grazes throughout the open space. Despite being an elite golfing community, there are many full-time residents as well as second homeowners that spend months or seasons at a time due to the diverse activities year-round. The pristine nature of the Cordillera land is accented by picturesque views of valleys and mountain peaks. In addition to that, the homeowners in Cordillera are able to get more for their money in terms of both land and home as well as privacy. The price per square foot is significantly lower than if you were to purchase directly in the villages of Vail or Beaver Creek. Thus for the cost, Cordillera offers significant value with larger lots accompanied by greater size in terms of square footage for residences.
With a close proximity to both Vail and Beaver Creek, Cordillera agrees with the lifestyle of one who wants pristine nature and vast land but also likes close proximity to all the amenities of the Vail Valley. The Cordillera Club and community experience is unlike any other in Colorado.